Jose Suarez, MD
Dr. Jose I. Suarez graduated from Javeriana University School of Medicine in Bogota, Colombia. He subsequently trained in Internal Medicine in Bogota and at Beth Israel Hospital in New York City and then completed his neurology residency at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH followed by a fellowship in neurocritical care and stroke at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD (USA). After completion of his training Dr. Suarez joined the faculty at the Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Case Western Reserve University where he became the Maxine Stone and John A Flower Chair of acute neurology. He then became the head of vascular neurology and neurocritical care and a tenured professor of neurology and neurosurgery at the Baylor College of Medicine and the CHI Baylor St Luke’s Medical Center in Houston, TX (USA) from 02/2007 – 07/2017. He is currently professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine, neurology and neurosurgery and director of the Neurocritical Care Division at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD.
- MD, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (1983)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana / Medicine (1990)
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center / Neurology (1996)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurocritical Care Medicine (1998)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Neurology (1998)
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology / Vascular Neurology (2005)